Monday, November 7, 2011

Babysitter

I'm a bit embarrassed about how long it's been since I've written anything.  What can I say?  Life has been CRAZY lately.  Excuses, excuses....

We did meet a huge milestone this weekend.  We left Neva with a sitter for THE VERY FIRST TIME!  Well, other than the 4 days each week she's at daycare...this was the first time we've gone out and left her home with a babysitter.  Luckily, we have found an extremely responsible 17 year old gal to watch our precious one.  And, I must admit, it went splendidly!  I was extremely anxious for about the first hour we were out, but my anxiety lowered and we were able to have a nice evening out.  Several beers didn't hurt, either.  And Neva loved her!  She was telling us 'bye-bye' before we were even ready to leave!  Guess you can't ask for much more than that!  And...we came home to a clean house!  Dishes done and put away, toys picked up, baby sleeping soundly...  All in all, it was a good night!  We'll have to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. I am JEALOUS! We have never had a sitter yet, but I long for those times of coming home to a clean kitchen and sleeping babies! Good for you guys!!! Love you! Kelly

    ReplyDelete