Thursday, May 3, 2012

My body, my choice

I know this may come as a shock to you and be totally disgusting to some of you, as well.

Fact of the matter is, Neva is still nursing.  Yes, she's almost 20 months and she is STILL nursing.

I've been told that she's old enough to eat a steak, she doesn't need it.  She's old enough to ask for it, she doesn't need it.  She's old enough to drink cow's milk, she doesn't need it.  While she is old enough to do all of these things, that doesn't mean that my milk doesn't still benefit her.

Google it.  There's all kinds of research being done about how beneficial breast milk is for babies from 12-24 months.  The proof is in the pudding, people.

And besides the research....WHO cares?!?!  This is what we are made to do.  Hundreds of years ago, heck, thousands of years ago, babies nursed for much longer than they do now.  And it worked.  They didn't have formula, they didn't have blenders to make baby food.  And Moms did it and people didn't think it was gross.  Now, do it in public...and watch the looks you get from other people.  I'm not going to lie, I will not nurse Neva in front of anyone anymore because I don't want the judgement...obviously it makes me crazy to just even talk with people about it!

Nursing must have gone out the window with curves.  Thank you, society.  Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment