Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ultrasound

Yesterday, we had our one and only ultrasound for this pregnancy!  Aside from the confirmation ultrasound we had around 7-8 weeks, just to make sure all was well in there!

We thought this would be helpful for Neva to realize what we mean when we talk about the baby in my tummy, but she was too busy coloring, tooting and running around to be bothered.  Seriously, it smelled horrendous in there!

Our experience this time was not as much fun as with Neva!  We went to the hospital in Grand Junction, as opposed to the nice little clinic we went to last time.  The tech was not amused by us at all and barely spoke to us.  She pointed out all the important parts, minus what's between the legs, but didn't have much to say.  She barely cracked a smile when Neva stunk up the room.  We only got 4 pictures to take home with us....no CD with gobs of pictures and a video, no 3D or 4D fun either.  It was awesome to see this growing little person, but not what we were anticipating! 

The heartbeat was nice and strong at 153 bpm.  We saw 4 limbs, fingers, toes, closed upper lip, heart, kidneys, blood flow through the umbilical cord....all the important things!

I can't even share the blasted images at this point, as I have to convert them from PDFs first!  Promise, it's a cute little one though!! 

In other news, I'm feeling much better these days!  I really think that exercising has been my saving grace!  I belly dance at least once a week, alternate between some prenatal yoga and other DVDs and spend some time on the elliptical machine so that I am doing something at least 5 days of the week.  And thankfully, my weight gain has plateaued a bit in the past few weeks!  I was starting to get a little worried!!!  But, I'm still blaming it on that blasted progesterone!

I feel like I could sleep approximately 24 hours/day, but usually have to get by on 8 or less.  Eric has been a trooper and usually gets up with Neva, letting me sleep for another 15 minutes each morning!  I also purchased a pregnancy pillow, which has been unbelievably comfortable!  I survived with a body pillow last go 'round, but this thing is the bee's knees!  For real!

And this baby is kicking up a storm!  No one else has been able to feel it yet, but holy moly!  Always happens in the morning and at night and several times throughout the day.  Neva and Eric have both tried to feel the kicks from the outside, but no luck yet!  I can't wait for them to feel it....there's no way to describe how it feels from the inside though!

Only 18.5 weeks until we get to meet this little person!  I cannot wait!





 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing amazing! Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete