Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moment of Weakness

Lately I've been thinking about my whole labor and birth experience....and about being a new mom. While I think Neva's birth was amazing, I have been wondering more and more about how the others feel about it. I hate this about myself, but I am a people pleaser...and am always concerned with how others view me.

Do they think I was too loud? Do they think I was a wuss? Do they think I could have done it better? If so, how? Do they think I did it wrong? Are they even thinking about this at all?

And what do people think now? Are they commenting on Neva's super sweet chubby cheeks and thinking she's too big? Are they judging me for not having all the weight off yet? Are they judging the decisions we make as a family? Do they think I am weak for giving in and giving her a pacifier? Or judging the things that we think are best???

I hate that I even think about this...I mean, really? Who cares? I had a baby, at home, with no pain meds. And she is amazing. She is healthy and happy and beautiful!

I mean, look at her...















4 comments:

  1. She IS beautiful. The type of birth you chose for her was amazing and you did an amazing job. It is the healthiest choice you could have made, the way birth was intended to be. Those of us who were there, were there because we supported you, and thought you were doing a great thing. You were never too loud, never a wuss. You were already a wonderful mom, doing the best you knew how for your child. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious and perfect and we all think YOU are amazing. Forget about your critics, if there are any, because what matters is how loved Neva is! And LOVED she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your sweet words. I appreciate them way more than you'll ever know!!! Thank you...from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dearest sarah-

    when i think about labor, i think of extreme strength and extreme vulnerability. allowing others to be there, to see you do something that is so... so... woman- that is a gift for them. truly.

    your neva is beautiful. you are beautiful. you are both healthy, vibrant, and strong. had you given birth to her in completely different circumstances, i would be saying the same thing. you carried that sweet girl inside of you with so much care and warmth, and then brought her into a world filled with love and adoration for her entire being. how incredible are you? how strong are you? VERY.

    i know eric was astounded by and with you. not only did he say those words out loud, but his entire being showed it when he shared tiny bits of your labor story. there is no doubt in my mind that if there were a golden tower, he would place you right on top of it.

    be loud. be strong. you've got what it takes.

    shine on, bright one, shine on....

    xoxo,

    courtney

    ReplyDelete