Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My job

I don't often dislike my job.

But today? Today is one of those days that I do. It makes me question mankind and wonder how one person could possibly hurt another person.

How can a mother/father hurt their child?

How can a daycare provider hurt a child that a parent is trusting to watch over and take care of their child, while they are unable to?

How can a husband or wife hurt their spouse?

I just don't get it. I'm glad I don't get it. But it breaks my heart into one million tiny little pieces for those who do get it. And who are living with it everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there.. I know the feeling. Working with victims of domestic violence on a daily basis can really get to me. Sometimes I sit there and think about the injuries these women have and how I can't even fathom doing that to another person or ever going through it.
    It's hard but thankfully there are organizations to work people and support them.
    Violence will never end- what has to end is that it is somehow tolerated in many aspects.
    Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on this one. Like, big time.

    Continue to be the beautiful shining light that you are....

    xoxo,

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many experience abuse and it is as puzzling as the violence you see in war. People get hurt-how can it continue? People die in war, yet war continues. Violence doesn't seem to do much for humanity. Something so many forget is that words and actions can be as abusive as physical violence. Wasn't it said....'treat those as you would like to be treated'? Religious or not, it's a good rule to live by. Always think of the children.

    ReplyDelete