Monday, April 11, 2011

7 months

Again, I say, where has the time gone?  I wonder if I will ever stop saying that?!?!

Alas, we now have a 7 month old little girl and I truly can't believe that!  And we have had quite a busy month...

Neva was baptized on March 27th. We haven't found a church that we truly love here and we wanted to be able to have family present, so we had it done while we were in Kansas. She was baptized at the same church we were married in, by the same sweet man who married us. It was so great. The majority of our families were able to be there, too, which was awesome.  We also had our first professional photo shoot and the pictures turned out awesome!  I will post some as soon as I get a digital copy...there are fantastic!


As I stated, we traveled back to Kansas again and she was a trooper! We made it nearly halfway, driving until almost midnight. Thanks to the Little River Band's song Lonesome Loser, she awoke with quite a jolt and could not be calmed in the car. She had a fabulous weekend spent with family, celebrating Elliott's first birthday and her baptism. She was obviously exhausted when we left on Monday morning, as she slept for about 10 hours of our 14 hour drive.

She continues to be a very healthy little girl!  We've had an occasional cold, but only one that really put us to the test.  She had conjunctivitis, but I'm still not convinced she actually had it!  She continues to gain weight and grow right on schedule...75th percentile for height, 25th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for head circumference.  She is definitely built like her Dad....lucky, lucky girl!

She has started doing so much more in the past month.  She is rolling everywhere!  I put her on a blanket, go do xyz, come back and she's in a complete different part of the room.  She's sitting up on her own for quite a long time.  She will still topple over once in awhile, but not often!  She is also getting up on all 4s and I'm certain she will be crawling in no time!  Time to install baby gates...

And my favorite new trick?  Laughing!  She has the best laugh and it just melts my heart EVERY time I hear it!  She laughs mostly when being tickled and you can't help but laugh right along with her.  She also is squealing and squawking with delight, another fantastic trait!  Her personality is really emerging and it is so fun to see which traits she has picked up from each of us.  She is a riot! 

This being a parent business is hard work, but it is truly the most rewarding and amazing thing I have ever done.  I keep falling more and more in love every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment