Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Favorite Time of Day

As a full-time working Mom, I have learned that my time with Neva is extremely limited.  We have a little over an hour in the mornings and in the evenings to spend time with her.  I hate that and I'd do anything to change it, but fact of the matter is...that's just not an option for us. 

I'm not a morning person, by any stretch of the imagination, but it is my new favorite time of the day.  We usually sleep until 6:30 or so, then she comes into our bed for a pre-breakfast snack!  After that, she is just the most fun!  She is so talkative and funny in the mornings.  She will repeat nearly anything we ask her to and will snuggle a bit as well!

This morning, she repeated names of everyone in our families, all the kids at daycare, all her friends, etc.  My favorites were the names with "L" in them.  I don't know what it is about them, but the way she said those names...kills me! 

She is learning new things everyday!  She is starting to recognize some shapes.  Knows stars and gets that one right every single time.  Also starting to get hearts and circles.  Smart, smart, smart.

On Tuesday night, we were doing our regular nightly routine (which is my other favorite time of the day).  We said our prayer, the same one we say every night..."Now I lay me down to sleep..."  And at the end, completely unprompted, she said "Amen!"  Following that we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".  Little Miss took the lead on this one.  As I stood up to turn on her star light, she started swaying and babbling and ended every sentence with the word "stars".  She was trying to sing it herself!  She just amazes me!!!  I don't know where she gets it, but this kid is smart!!!

Over the weekend we got to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Neva LOVED to hear the kids singing "Happy Birthday" and tried to chime in!  Ever since then she will just stop what she's doing, start swaying and sing "HAPPY" repeatedly.  Again, trying to sing the song all by herself.

She is just amazing.  She's learning so much right now and is starting to express herself so much more.  It makes my heart full!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Guess I haven't checked in for awhile! I love this whole entry - aren't babies fun!
    I'm sorry about the last comment; why can't people think before they open their mouths?
    Your resolutions are great ones; mine always seem to sound the same year after year.
    And the whole holiday thing...I wish there was some way to fix this. I've always been "Mrs. Christmas" but the last few years have been hard. These beautiful girls do make it all worthwhile, though. This year was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete