Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday...again

I'm not so great at getting these up by Thursday.  Drat.  Story of my life, though...I've always been a procrastinator. But here I am anyways, getting it done. 

I'm thankful for humility.

That may sound odd to some, but I really feel that everyone needs a few humbling experiences in their life to keep them grounded.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a pretty great life.  But I've also had some extremely humbling experiences.  And most people I know are in a similar situation, but I know a few who aren't.  

I know you all know the type who walk around as if their s*** don't stink.  They've had very little negative life experience and everything seems to always go their way.  That's great and all and I would love to have everything I've ever wanted in life, but what does that teach you?

It teaches you that material goods are the most important things in life.  It teaches you that your appearance is more important than being happy.  It teaches you to always expect more from others and be judgmental or rude when your ridiculous standards aren't met.

Humility teaches us to love each other, to be empathetic or compassionate to those around you.  It teaches you to be grateful for things that you've worked hard for.  It teaches you to be thankful for the gifts that you are given, regardless of the monetary value of that gift. 

I don't want people to have to live ridiculously hard lives, but I don't want to watch people get whatever their little hearts desire either.  Everyone needs to be grounded, somehow, so that they can learn to appreciate what is truly important and to really be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment