Monday, March 17, 2014

March

I had a thought this weekend.  March should be looking a lot different for our family....but it is not.

We were supposed to be welcoming a new baby into our home in the next few weeks.  But things don't always work out as you had planned.

I can't decide how I feel about this realization.  I'm not necessarily saddened by thinking about it,  more that it's just weird to think about where I am in this pregnancy and where I thought I would be when I found out I was pregnant last July. 

Clearly, our timing wasn't right.  There is some reason that we were meant to have THIS baby joining our family in June, rather than the baby that we lost joining our family in March.  It's strange to think about what that reasoning might be, but I have to believe it is for the best. 

Maybe it's because I only have 62 hours of leave time....and a week and a half just isn't enough for maternity leave.

Maybe it's because we needed to be in Kansas several times already this year and that would have been much more difficult if I had been 8 or 9 months pregnant.

Maybe it's because I'm going to need this baby to make my 33rd birthday the best one I've had yet.  Although I'd really rather not be 2 weeks late and in labor on my birthday.  Just putting that out there.

As I said, I don't know the reason, but I'm sure there is one.  I'm not sure how to feel right now, but I will move past it and I will be ready to welcome this June baby with wide open arms.

And this one....she's ready to be a big sister, that's for sure.  She LOVES to read books to anyone who will listen!  And who better than a brand new baby? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment