Wednesday, February 10, 2010

101 in 1001

So, I've been inspired by my cousin, Paige, to participate in doing 101 things in 1001 days. For me this will end on November 2, 2012...

Figured this is a good time of year to start this, with people setting New Year's Resolutions and Lent coming up. Don't think I'll give anything up for Lent this year, as I've given up quite a bit over the past few months and for several months to come. So instead I'm setting the following goals:

Smarts:
1. Read all of our book club books
2. Take a CMC course
3. Read 10 books from Time's 100 books

Personal Growth:
4. Create a blog (completed 2/8/10)
5. Journal at least monthly (not going to meet this one!!)
6. Meditate daily for a month
7. Write 101 things I like about myself
8. Don't say anything negative for 1 week
9. Volunteer at CARE
10. Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen/Extended Table
11. Blog at least weekly (have missed a couple on this one!)
12. Find a church and attend once a month
13. Do the laundry for a week
14. 10 random acts of kindness
15. 10 nice gestures for 10 nice people
16. Floss everyday for a month
17. Go to the dentist every 6 months
18. Have a garage sale (done! 5/22/10)
19. Complete a living will
20. Send anonymous flowers 5 times
21. Write to my Grandma & Grandpa at least every other month (have not done this)
22. Write to my Granddad at least every other month (or this!)
23. Write to my parents once a month (or this!!!)
24. Write to my siblings once a month (ah! or this!)
25. Send someone a care package
26. Get caught up at work and stay that way

Finances:
27. Donate to a non-profit
28. Pay off credit cards
29. Pay off car loan
30. Have $*K in savings (don't want to share an actual $ amount)
31. Buy a newer car for Eric (done! 5/15/10)
32. Stick to our budget
33. Buy a new couch (done!!  11/10)
34. Buy a Hot Springs pass (done!!  8/4/12)
35. Buy a new camera (done! 5/15/10)
36. Start a college savings account for Baby Brotherson
37. Put aside $5 for every goal completed
38. Get a raise (at both jobs)  (unfortunately, we're on a pay freeze....4 years and still going...)

Health and Happiness:
39. Get back in touch with good friends, call/write at least one each month
40. Have a spa day
41. Have a better skincare routine
42. Go completely organic
43. Subscribe to CSA (community supported agriculture) every season  (done...they're no longer doing this and now we have a totally kick ass garden...all organic!)
44. Compost at home  (done!!  12/10)
45. Walk Risa everyday for a week
46. Do it again
47. Pack my lunch for one week  (totally doing this, I can't imagine paying for lunch every day!)
48. Don't get on the internet at work for a week
49. Exercise 5 days a week for one month
50. Do it again
51. Be on time to work for 5 days straight
52. Do it again
53. Keep my car clean for a month
54. Get up in time to eat breakfast at home for one week
55. Run another 5K

Bellydance:
56. Go to Elevation (completed 4/29/10-5/1/10 and again in 2011!!)
57. Go to another bellydance workshop
58. Do a solo - pregnant (DONE!! 7/23/10 and again 7/29/11 minus the being pregnant part!)
59. Make/sew some bellydance gear  (sort of done - embellished my costume for my solo at Mountain Fair on 7/27/12!)
60. Convince someone to start bellydancing  (done!!  6/11)

Crafty:
61. Sew something for the baby  (done!  a quilt!!  8/10)
62. Have professional pics done before and after baby
63. Make a family tree - all sides
64. Compile a recipe book
65. Try painting/creating art
66. Paint pottery
67. Make a quilt, no matter how simple  (done!  see above!)
68. Knit a scarf or blanket  (done...for baby Neva!  8/10)

Travel/Adventure:
69. Go on a big vacation - visit another country
70. Try camping again
71. Go to New York  (done...1/11...and it was awesome!!!)
72. Hike Mt. Sopris
73. Take Eric to see the Grand Canyon
74. Ride in a hot air balloon
75. Go sledding  (done...for Eric's 30th birthday!)
76. Take Eric to a musical
77. Try rock climbing again
78. Try hot yoga
79. Take Eric to a Nuggets game
80. Go to a KSU football game
81. Go to a Chiefs game
82. Go to the Lake of the Ozarks
83. Go to another concert
84. Go somewhere by train
85. Pick peaches in Palisade

Suzy Homemaker:
86. Paint the living room  (done!!!!  6/11)
87. Make homemade pasta
88. Bake a cake from scratch  (done!  for Neva's 1st birthday!!)
89. Turn off cable (done 4/18/10...came back on after my first day home alone with Neva...blaming it on the nursing not going well.  But cable went back of in December 2011)
90. Have a living plant in every room 
91. Purge closet and dresser
92. Learn to decorate cakes/cupcakes
93. Get old home videos on to DVDs
94. Clean/purge/organize spare bedrooms
95. Try 25 new recipes

Baby:
96. Document belly at least monthly with a photo  (done!)
97. Do a belly mold (done! 7/3/10)
98. Find amazing day care provider (done! 5/25/10 and again in July 2011)
99. Have an amazing homebirth (DONE!!!!  IT WAS AWESOME!!!)
100. Breastfeed  (doing it!!!  And did it for 20 months)
101. Convince someone else to make a list of 101 to do in 1001

And since this blog is really meant to be about our baby, here's a belly pic at 5 weeks... this is why I need this to be on my list, so I can have current pictures to share!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! It will feel good each time you cross one off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so inspired by your list! I hope I get to see your pregnant belly solo -- I nearly yelled when I saw that one!
    Can't wait for Elevation, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah you are too cute! Love the list....I have my goals posted on the mirror in our bathroom. You know when you're married to Matthew Mingenback, you MUST ALWAYS have your goals written down.:) One of my goals was to start painting....my brother is an artist so I thought I would just have it in my blood. HA. So I started with watercolor...probably the most difficult medium (well they're all pretty difficult at this point) and my paintings looked like a grade school kid did them in art class. Needless to say, I'm am not an artist naturally, but think I'm going to keep working at this 'skill' of painting. Sounds like you and Eric are doing well! Excited to see your updates, thanks for sharing. You will be an amazing mother! congrats. love and miss. Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Looking forward to following the Brotherson 'family' through their baby adventure. Congratulations-Rick and I wish you lots of love, happiness and good health!!! We can't wait to meet Baby Brotherson! :)

    ReplyDelete