Monday, February 8, 2010

First.Blog.Ever.

So...Eric and I thought it would be fun to start a blog as we start this next chapter in our lives. If you haven't heard the news, we're expecting our first baby this summer!

Our due date is August 27, 2010. I know, pregnant in the summer sounds awful to some, but I am so excited about being extremely pregnant in the summer! What's better than flip flops and sundresses?

I am almost 12 weeks along and am pleased to let you all know that I haven't been sick yet! Okay, I felt a little nauseated for a few days, but switched the time I was taking my vitamins and all is well! We also heard the little one's hearbeat on 2/2/10, at a strong 164 beats per minute! Such an exciting moment!

We will not be finding out the sex of the baby until the birth day. We are looking forward to the ultimate surprise on that day! Sorry for the disappointment.

And...we will be having a homebirth with a wonderful midwife. I will soon be posting some stats for those who may be skeptical about our choice, but rest assured that it is extremely safe! We've done our research and feel that this is the best choice for us...and we couldn't be more excited!

We hope to use this as a way to keep our family and friends informed and involved with all that's happening over the next several months. Thanks for all your support as we start this journey!

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I'll be following along! Congratulations Brothersons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Will love following the progress and can't wait to meet the new little Brotherson!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bump actually I can't see the bump yet but I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! I will be checking up on your blog so hope you keep it updated love. Aug 27th huh? TFIF!!! he he he! I will celebrate with champagne for you pal whatever city I am in, I am sure Steve would have a cigar too :) Love it. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete