Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One month

We officially have a one month old baby on our hands! And she is incredible!

We all survived our first trip back to Kansas as a family of three. It was crazy and wonderful...all at the same time! Neva was a trooper in the car...and we continue to have to wake her up every 3 hours to eat. So glad she's a good sleeper and hoping we're not ruining it by waking her up to eat!

Neva was able to meet so many family members, including all of her great grandparents. Such a lucky baby!! We had some amazing baby showers with Eric's family and my family while we were home as well. We are surrounded by people who love this little girl...she is so lucky!

On a crappier note, our day care provider backed out as we were leaving town. So now I have 14 days to get day care figured out before I head back to work. Guess that's what I get for planning ahead and having this all lined up 6 months in advance! Unfortunately, we also live in a place where day care is limited...I have found 6 licensed providers, 4 of which we've heard back from as a 'no'. So any day care suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Neva is truly the most amazing thing! She continues to be a very happy baby...smiling all the time. She even smiles when she eats...so cute! She is starting to hold her head up when on her tummy or when trying to burp...she is one strong kid! And she loves bath time! It's really cute to watch her relax and kick in the tub.

We are getting this parenting thing figured out and every day it gets easier. Tonight, as Eric was holding our daughter, he looked at me and told me, "I love this". It truly doesn't get any better than this. I am so blessed to have these two in my life.

Pics from our trip to come...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well! Newborns are tough but a lot of fun at the same time. I wish I could go back to the days of Cohen and Carter sleeping on my chest! So happy for your new family. That sucks about your daycare. My first one with Cohen quit after just 3 weeks and I had one week to find a replacement. I hate having to find daycare! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Sarah! You always make me want to cry! So very happy for you two and can't wait to meet her one day, hopefully soon. Miss and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you all made it home safely! Must have been a big trip-hope to see you, Neva and Eric soon. Rest up and good luck on the daycare situation...will keep my ears open.

    ReplyDelete