Thursday, May 5, 2011

8 months

I have recently spent my first few nights away from Neva.  It was harder than I could have imagined.  However, we had help from 2 Grandmas and of course, her wonderful Dad, so I know she was in more than capable hands!  It didn't help matters that she said her first "mama" the day before I left or that after talking to her on speakerphone, she cried "mama".  Heartwrenching, I tell you.

She has also recently started crawling or scooting!  She isn't using her legs much yet, but sure can pull herself around.  It is so amazing!!!  She is getting SO big!

She is getting much better at sleeping - waking only once or twice each night!  And she usually just eats and then right back down for the night!  So much easier than getting up every hour or two. 

And she is really starting to enjoy food.  She leans in and takes bites, rather than blowing raspberries as soon as the spoon gets near her mouth.  She also REALLY likes to feed herself puffs, which just makes me giggle!  She has also started to really like practicing drinking from a cup and from a straw.  Such a smart kid!

Bath time is one of her favorites and she is so funny to see in the tub!  Has become one of my favorite times of the day, for sure!  The whole bedtime routine actually...the bath, the lotion rub down, the feeding, the snuggling up to read a book, the lullaby where she almost falls asleep in my arms every night.  I am so totally in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment