Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Sunday was a day I had been looking forward to for about 8 months!  I have been so excited to celebrate motherhood, 'for real' this year!  I tried not to have expectations about the day, especially since our schedule has recently changed and Eric has been working weekends so that he could have 2 days off during the week at home with Neva.  Wasn't going to let that bother me, nope, not one little bit!  We went up to the caverns and had lunch with Eric and the Meager family, which was nice.  But I'm not gonna lie, yesterday was disappointing...for reasons I will keep to myself for now.

However, the best part of the day was snuggling with Neva on the couch while she napped.  That made the whole day better.  Especially because now that she is getting bigger, she's not always in to snuggling with Mom (a look into my future, I'm sure)...but I loved every minute of it.

Thank you, Neva, for making me a Mom.  And thanks for making my day.

I love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment