Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One month...

My "due date" is officially one month from today.  We are into month 9 of this pregnancy, with only 31 days left.  I'm secretly hoping it will be a few days less than that, but I will be patient!

I can't believe we are so close to being done with this pregnancy.  In some ways it seems to drag on and on and on.  And in other ways, it just flies by!  And SOON, we'll be snuggling this sweet little bundle and not remembering anything of the last 9 months!

I'm starting to get anxious and nervous for labor and delivery.  I've done it before and know I can do it again....but I haven't forgotten the first time.  I remember being so scared.  Scared about how long it was taking.  Scared about the amount of pain.  Just all around scared.

I've been trying to prep myself for this to all happen again, but it's proving to be difficult to wrap my head around.  I remember the scary moments from Neva's birth and the things that I said out of fear.  BUT I also remember the moment she was born and how all of the fear and pain seemed to wash away with that final push.  Those endorphins are amazing!

I really can't wait to see who this little person is!  A boy or a girl?  An extrovert like big sister or a little more reserved?  Talking at 9 months and not walking until 13 months?  Or vice versa?  Brown eyes?  Brown hair?  I just can't wait to meet this baby!

I had one of the rudest comments this morning.  As I walked into my office, one of my co-workers actually started laughing at me.  I asked what was so funny and she responded, "Nothing".  I probably should have left it that, but I didn't.  I asked again and she responded, "You're just getting SO big!"  These comments never stop amazing me.  Mostly because if I were to just pop off and say that to someone, it would be considered extremely rude.  However, since I am SO pregnant, it's okay to just say whatever floats your boat! 

Here's a pic of us today....please don't mind the work bathroom selfie! 

 

3 comments:

  1. Your co-worker is nuts. You look awesome!! I can't wait to see who this amazing baby is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are GORGEOUS! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inner strength is one of the strongest things in the world! I can't wait to see your power, grace, composure and unconditional love that you showed everyone on 9/4/10 and you will again in one short month!

    ReplyDelete