Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Premonition...

Or just a coincidence?

Last week I had a dream that is now standing out so vividly.

Neva and I were desperately trying to get me to a college exam.  (Why, oh why, do I still have those dreams?!?)  En route to said exam, we bumped into a few people we knew.  We'd stop and chat and talk about the pregnancy and the new baby.

But what makes this stand out is that during my conversations with people you could see an entire leg sticking out of my stomach, still below the skin, and right below my belly button.  There was also a flap that could be pulled down, at the top of my belly, and we could look in on the baby. 

When I woke, I remember thinking that had been one of the more strange dreams I've had during the pregnancy.

But I have to wonder...did I somehow know that this baby had flipped and was now sitting breech?  Does the opening flap mean that I knew (deep, deep down on some other level) that this baby would be delivered by c-section? 

We're still trying to get this baby to flip on it's own and hoping for a natural home birth, but also trying to wrap our heads around the fact that this birth may look very different from what we had planned.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging! People want to say something but don't know what and end up saying something inappropriate. They would be offndd if it was said to them but just don't think.

    Hope the little decides to turn. You are doing all you can to make it happen. So looking forward to hearing he/she has arrived.

    Love you all.

    Aunt Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed these posts last week!! I am glad that this little one decided to give mama a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO, I do think the dream was you knowing on some level that the baby flipped. I have been having weird dreams since I got pregnant and THREE of the stranger ones have become truth.

    ReplyDelete