Friday, May 9, 2014

I Would NEVER Do What You're Doing

Those words were said to me just a few short weeks ago.  "I would never do what you're doing"....

This person was involved in a birth that didn't go according to plan.  Due to this situation being scary to them, I'm the one who is making bad choices.  And they let me know how they felt about it.  Which is fine.  I had plenty of that the first time around. 

I still just don't understand why saying anything and everything that comes into one's mind is okay to say out loud.  Another example?  I've been told how huge I am 4 times this week (but who's counting, right?).  I know I'm big.  I only have 5 weeks until this baby is due.  That's what happens.  I grow a human, my body grows to accommodate.

I even had a woman tell me, after talking about some of these ridiculous comments, that she doesn't know what to say to pregnant women.  Followed by her telling me that I look "normal" with a little extra padding.  Pretty sure that's NOT the most appropriate thing to say to a woman in her 8th month of pregnancy.

Or maybe it's just me.  Maybe other women don't mind being told how huge or ridiculous they look.  But I'm guessing that if I fired back to anyone who said anything inappropriate to me, they would be appalled...and I would be the bad guy.

Tact.  Seems like people are lacking a lot of it these days!!  I'm happy to have a conversation with people about their choices and my choices.  But I'm not interested in just putting up with your crap!

In other news, we are officially 35 weeks tomorrow!  2 more weeks and we can have this baby at home!!  We had an appointment on Monday afternoon and everything is going well!  Baby's head is down and heart rate was in the 130s.  My blood pressure was great, but my pulse was high (read: too much stress!)

And look at this little gem.  I LOVE that Neva gets included in our appointments!  And Julianne does this EVERY single time we go to her office.

 
 
She is beyond excited to be a big sister!  She loves to talk about all of the things that she is going to teach the new baby.  Sometimes it's pretty entertaining what she comes up with!
 
Right now she wants to name the baby Cinderella if it's a girl and Gus Gus if it's a boy.  Glad that she's at least moved on from wanting to name her/him Neva! 
 
She is the most amazing thing in the entire world!  Hard to imagine that we'll think the same of another child in just a few short weeks!  I can't wait to see who this little person is!
 

1 comment:

  1. Awww - that is the most adorable photo! What a very personal experience, and what a fun time for Neva. I have been learning to deal with the funny looks and comments too. I have been pretty surprised by what comes out of people's mouth. Last week, a woman literally "whoa"ed me as I came off the elevator. WHOA to you, lady!

    ReplyDelete