Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Shower Weekend

Some lovely ladies I have the immense pleasure of belly dancing with threw me an amazing shower this weekend! The decor was amazing, the food was amazing, the women I share this dance with and were able to celebrate our baby with...amazing as well!!!

We ate some delicious snacks including stuffed mushrooms, artichokes, artichoke dip...it was all delicious! There were also three huge trays of sweet goodness which included chocolate chip cookie dough fudge, some amazing cookie bars and yummy oatmeal cookies! Beverages and wine were served, including a wine called "Mommy's Time Out"...how fantastic is that!!!

The women all shared some very touching poems, thoughts, words of wisdom, etc with this soon-to-be-mom. Words were shared about herds of elephants and how similar we are to them. Such cool facts...they are matriarchal, they are the only other mammal that bury their dead, they do some amazing greeting rituals...they truly are just amazing animals! The only part that's not so amazing?? The gestate for 19-22 months and give birth to 260 pound babies!

I was also blessed to have a dear friend paint my belly mold that Eric and I had spent a previous weekend making. It is so beautiful and as soon as I take a picture of it, I will post it! All of the women at the shower also were involved in decorating the mold as they glued gems on the belly to look like stars in the night sky. Absolutely beautiful!!!

We played a funny relay game where the gals stuffed balloons in their shirts and had to put on a diaper blindfolded, sort baby socks, feed each other baby food and chug juice out of a bottle! The chugging sounds fun and easy...but those Stage 1 nipples are no joke!!!

We were also served some delicious homemade Tres Leches cake...my absolute favorite! And Baby Bro and I were spoiled beyond belief with gifts from these extremely generous women! We are pretty set for the baby's arrival!

We were also treated to some belly dancing by these amazing women! They danced to some perfect songs..."Lullaby" by Billy Joel, "Be My Baby" and finished it off with some Lady Gaga! I loved every second of it!!!

Another special part of this shower was that my mom and mother-in-law were able to join us in celebrating the arrival of their next grandchild! Such fun to have the woman that gave birth to me and raised me as well as the woman gave birth to and raised my wonderful husband there to share in such a fun day!

So lucky to have such a lovely group of elephants to celebrate with! Thank you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment