Sunday, January 30, 2011

NYC

We had a BLAST in NYC. I have never really thought of myself as a city girl, but I sure could see myself enjoying the big city!

Neva was amazing on the plane to NYC...she cried during the landing of our second flight, but other than that was amazing! We arrived late, ate and hit the hay. On our first day in NY, Eric had to work so Neva and I stuck around the hotel. I was being a bit of a wuss, intimidated by the big city. It was snowy and she napped a lot, but in hindsight I sure wish I had gone out and about with her. We did catch a cab on our own and met Eric and the employees from the J1 company he was working with for a great dinner at a fancy French restaurant. Delicious! They even had a bathroom attendant...don't think I've ever eaten in a restaurant with a person kicking it in the bathroom before.

On our second day we saw:
Times Square
Chrysler Building
Empire State Building
Rockefeller Center
Macy's
Central Park
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Grand Central Station
Grenwich Village
Radio City Music Hall

We also went on our first Subway ride and it was nothing like I expected! It is actually a very nice, fast and seemingly safe way to get around the city! We spent the day with our good friend, Sophia, which was awesome...and she was a great tour guide! I also got to sit in on a NY belly dance class and ate some amazing food! We ate at an Irish Pub for lunch...corned beef sandwich and a Black and Tan for me. Then we went to this hole in the wall Polish restaurant, Stage, for dinner and it was one of the best meals I've EVER had.

We were also stopped by a reporter from Extra! who wanted our opinion on a new John Travolta movie. I had just said I wanted to be on TV when they stopped us! Sadly, I had absolutely NO idea what they were talking about!

And, we stopped outside The Palace Hotel as a bunch of guys were standing around. Turns out they were waiting for the Miami Heat to walk out. We waited for a bit, hoping to catch a glimpse of some gigantic fellas, but no such luck. We walked half a block to a coffee shope where we ran into Mario Chalmers, who plays for the Heat and previously for KU. Eric chatted with him for a few minutes and wished him luck for the game...think this was the highlight of the trip for Eric!

The next day, we saw:
The Statue of Libery (from afar, as well as Ellis Island)
FAO Schwarz
Central Park...again
The Plaza Hotel
Wall Street
Ground Zero
We had appetizers, beer, wine and dinner at Allie and Steve's sweet apartment! They were so sweet to watch interact with Neva. And their apartment?!?! Has the sweetest view of the city...amazing! It was great to be able to catch up with some good friends while we were in town!!!

We had big plans for lots of souvenir shopping on our final day, but Neva had other plans....diapers, eating, etc. That stuff all comes first!! And then we headed back to CO. It was an amazing vacation...I absolutely loved our visit and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment