Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hi Baby!!

Today we got to make the trek to Grand Junction for our one and only ultrasound! I was so nervous and anxious this morning ... it was extremely difficult to get through half the work day! And luckily the 16 inches predicted for today didn't turn out to be quite 16 inches!

It was absolutely amazing to see our little baby! Baby did not want to participate for the whole viewing and was moving to get away from the ultrasound machine. The ultrasound tech told Eric and I to close our eyes several times, as we had requested to not find out the sex of the baby. Kind of funny knowing that an ultrasound technician in Grand Junction is the only person who knows the sex of our sweet baby!

The ultrasound confirmed that there is in fact only one baby in there and we measured right on track, with our due date still August 27. Heart rate was 150 and baby weighed in at 10 ounces, which seemed big to me but our very sweet technician reminded me that is still smaller than a can of soda! We were also informed that my placenta is in the front, which doesn't really mean anything unless we wanted to have more ultrasounds but also that it may be more difficult to feel kicks and punches, as there is more 'stuff' to get through!

This all seems so much more real now that we have seen the little one growing inside of me! So, thought I'd share some of the pics we got to see today!!!

Baby was hanging out or sleeping on knees

On the left is the abdomen and on the right is the cutest face ever! Maybe I'm biased...


Itty bitty hand


And some tiny feet

3D image of cute little face!

And a little video (the blob in front of the baby is placenta)

1 comment:

  1. The image with your baby's knees bent is INCREDIBLE. I don't think I've ever seen one so darn clear- those little feet, the arches, the shape of the legs? Amazing.
    Cute, cute baby you got growing in there!
    Love, Courtney J

    ReplyDelete