Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Meeting Ronda

Yesterday we had the great pleasure of meeting Ronda, who will be Baby B's future daycare provider! I know it may sound a bit early to be worrying about this, but when I started calling in February, several of the daycare providers I spoke with already knew that they didn't have room for any new kids come this fall. Other providers I spoke with weren't willing to take us on a waitlist or couldn't be sure that they would have room for a little one come October(ish).

And then, we found Ronda! One of the many perks of Ronda's daycare is that she is just blocks from my office. I could literally walk over to her house anytime during my day to get a baby fix, if needed.

Miss Ronda might be the sweetest little gal, which is so great! We got to watch her interact with her own children and the other kids at the daycare and she treats them with respect and gets respect in return. It was quite nice to watch her interact with her teenage son and hear him respond so respectfully. Sure, you can help me raise my kids if they'll turn out like that!!!

Needless to say, I couldn't be more pleased with our future daycare provider!

Also? We saw Jasmine yesterday. Baby B is growing very well! We got to hear Baby's itty bitty heart beating away at 152 bpm. She also was able to feel the baby's head, which is already down. I laughed and said, "For now, but I'm sure the baby will move around 1000 times between now and August." Jasmine informed me that most babies are in their delivery position by 28-32 weeks...so good job, Baby B! Now just stay put and keep growing!

I get to do my glucose test this week, to check for Gestational Diabetes! I know most pregnant women don't get excited about this, but...we get to do it a little differently! I get to eat 75 grams of sugar, which translates to a big ol' pancake breakfast! I am so excited for this feast! And...she also provides me with a glucometer so I can test myself as needed. So much better than drinking some little drink and then sitting at the hospital.

As of the end of this week, we will be 27 weeks along...with only 13 short weeks to go before we get to meet our little baby! At 27 weeks, our baby weighs about 2 pounds and is about 14.5 inches long! We're almost to the third trimester...I can't believe it!!

Bring on the pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. Take a picture of the pancake feast- I want to see what it looks like compared to the amount of sicko yuck that women drink in a hospital for the same test (please?!).

    Congrats, also, on finding a care provider you already seem to enjoy so much!! That.is.awesome!

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete