Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is my official first Mother's Day. I may not be holding a baby just yet, but I am working on growing a baby and I think that is cause for celebrating this day!

My wonderful husband got me the cutest maternity dress, which I can't wait to wear! And, of course, the sweetest card ever...he's so good at cards, it's unreal! However, that's about where the celebrating ended today! I have been fighting some terrible allergies this weekend, luckily Eric had to work and I spent the majority of the day on the couch! Doesn't sound like the most glamorous Mother's Day, but I figure it's the last Mother's Day I'll spend all alone! I did enjoy spending the day doing whatever I wanted or needed...which consisted of watching girly movies, taking a long hot shower, giving myself a manicure and pedicure and snuggling with our sweet pets. Next year I'm sure we'll be out and about doing something fun with an almost 9 month old...totally different ball game! And I can't wait!!!

I have had a week of recovering from Elevation, where I calculated that I danced for 20 hours in 3 short days! I took 8 workshops in those few short days...no wonder I needed some time to recooperate! In reading this, it sounds like all I do with my days is relax and sit around...I assure you this is not the case! Eric and I continue to go on our almost nightly walks, I do yoga and I am belly dancing! Hoping this will all help make labor and delivery go smoothly...and help with getting back in shape once this little one arrives!!

On the baby front, we hit 24 weeks this week, which is 6 months by my calculations! I calculate 4 week months, which I know some people calculate differently...but regardless 24 weeks down and only 16 to go! CRAZY!!! This has gone by so fast, I can only imagine how quickly the next 16 weeks go! This baby is going to be here before we know it!

Didn't get a picture taken today because I look like a million bucks with my stuffy nose and watery eyes...but will get one posted of this growing belly soon enough!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!!!

1 comment: