Sunday, May 2, 2010

Elevtation!

I have just returned from one of the most amazing, yet intense, 4 day weekends ever! We went to Golden, Colorado on Wednesday night for a 4 day bellydance workshop, Elevation. I was able to spend some time with the girls I dance with in a troupe called, Bella Luz.

I took 3 classes on Thursday...starting with the amazing Rachel Brice. If you don't know her, check her out on youtube. Simply amazing. Also learned a little about dancing with fans and finished the day with one of my favorite classes of the weekend, by a troupe called Unmata...also amazing, check them out! We ended up skipping the 4th class of the day...me and Baby Bro just could do 2 more hours of dancing, as we'd already put in 7 for the day!

The next day was more of the same...another 3 worshops. Starting with Miss Brice, then a troupe called Zafira, again check them out, and ending with a class by a talented dancer, Elizabeth of Tribe Marrakech.

Then, on Friday night...we got to perform. We have been working on this particular dance since September, so it was beyond ready for this performance! Our costumes were amazing and each of the women I dance with looked absolutely amazing. And, I have to admit, we totally rocked it...and the crowd ate it up! Was so awesome to dance for a crowd of such enthusiastc viewers! And, as Eric pointed out, this was Baby Bro's first bellydance performance, so that was pretty cool! Lots of comments about my growing bump...but all loving this weekend. In one workshop, a woman even asked me to stand in front of her because she "loved to watch me dance". Well, thank you very much!!

Finished up Elevation with one last class with the amazing Rachel Brice on Saturday morning...never would have thought a 3 hour bellydance class could be so amazing...and her classes were, every single day. I think I have another bellydance crush! :) (See also Zoe Jakes on youtube).

And last night? Last night, I got to go to Colorado Springs for a wedding...and tons of my college girlfriends were there! It's so much fun to catch up with such a great group of gals!! And the men they have?? Also amazing!! Eric always has a great time chatting it up (and maybe drinking) with the men who are now associated with these great gals! It was a beautiful wedding, in a beautiful setting, for two beautiful people...shared by a bunch of wonderful friends! Can't wait to see all these girls again!!!

Sorry for the rambling...and lack of pictures. I'm exhausted and calling it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment