Wednesday, August 11, 2010

37 (and a half) weeks

Here we are...on the final countdown! We are past 37 weeks, which means we could really have this baby at anytime! But officially, we have 16 days to go! But all that really means is that any time in the next 1-30 days we will be having a baby! Where did all that time go????

We had an appointment with Jasmine yesterday and everything is going great! I am measuring right on track and have gained the right amount of weight. My blood pressure is good, baby's heart rate is good..everything is good! Our next appointment will be at home again. It is so nice to have these appointments at the house. Jasmine will be bringing another assistant for us to meet, as one of these ladies will be attending the birth with Jasmine.

The house is ready for the little one to arrive. The dresser is full of clothes and diapers, all the baby necessities are bought and put in their proper place and Eric is doing a great job at making sure that we keep the house cleaned up and ready to go! Everyday we think of more things that need to be done before the birth, but just little things that make us feel better....and more prepared!

People have been asking if I'm done being pregnant a lot lately. I have really enjoyed being pregnant and have had a pretty easy run from what I've heard from many other women. I'm not tired of being pregnant, but I really can't wait to see the little person that Eric and I have made. Will he/she be long and lean like Eric? Will he/she be a belly dancer or a soccer player? Will he/she be as stubborn as each of us? I just can't wait to see what traits each of us have passed along to this sweet little one. I also can't wait to see who has been kicking and poking me for the past 37+ weeks.

I continue to feel good, although I am definitely starting to slow down. I'm not swollen, I continue to sleep well...I just feel good in general! I have been busting through a whole month's worth of work over the past few weeks in hopes that I can leave things done and in order when the baby decides to make his/her arrival. Guess that's my way of nesting right now! However, all this work makes for one tired mama at the end of the day!

Since I have been pretty bad about picture lately, thought I would include some tonight...for your viewing pleasure.

This is our previous home visit with Jasmine. She came and saw our house and did our prenatal visit in the comfort of our home.



Here we are as of today, 37 weeks and 5 days. Please excuse my appearance...I had a day full of meetings and changed into sweats as soon as I got home.



And this was a double rainbow we saw tonight. Just a cool sight, worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment