Sunday, August 8, 2010

Surprise!

Last night I was surprised by some sweet friends with a baby shower! Eric and I had planned to go out to dinner, as our days as 2 are coming to an end. He informed me we needed to make a quick stop to get some elk antlers cut for Risa. (I know this sounds extremely red neck of us, but she loves them and they are full of calcium and way better for her than rawhides). So, we stopped to have a friend cut our antlers and...SURPRISE!!!

There were several of my close friends hiding in the kitchen! There was tons, and I mean TONS, of delicious food! Salsas from my favorite Mexican restaurant, spinach artichoke dip, tater tots, salad, fried ravioli, veggie and chicken skewers, Janet's famous purses and to top it off rice krispy treats and some delicious cupcakes! These ladies are amazing, I tell you!

We enjoyed some delicious food...and I think some beverages were consumed by others. :) Eric and I were also treated to some super sweet 'wish cards' for us from these friends, an awesome picture holder and the pack and play that we've been wanting! It is so amazing to have such generous friends in our lives!

It was an extremely enjoyable evening, shared with some of the best friends two transplants could ask for! I feel completely blessed to have such amazing friends to share the arrival of our baby with! Thanks to all of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment